Preschool Teacher Aide
The primary goal of Baymonte Christian Preschools is to assist parents in providing for the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the children. As a Preschool teacher your objective will be to assist your fellow teachers in reaching that goal by surrounding each child with love, security, consistency, and respect through your personal relationships with the children and through consideration of children’s developmental levels/needs in your classroom preparation. You will also assist the head teacher in ways to provide a safe, supportive and happy place for each child to explore and grow in the above mentioned areas.
Primary Job Functions
- Plan and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the children, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling that will include both secular and Christian materials including Bible stories and memory Bible verses.
- Supervise art/science areas and various other classroom centers, interacting and engaging with the children as they take part in various activities.
- Oversee classroom routines like snack time, lunch time, and nap time.
- Be familiar with school’s safety rules and emergency procedures.
- Supervise children at all times ensuring their safety, well-being and development.
- Never leave children unattended or unsupervised.
- If safety concerns do emerge, immediately inform the appropriate person, whether it is the head teacher or the Preschool Site Director.
- Greet each child as they arrive.
- Encourage children in their personal growth and learning through personal and caring relationships with them.
- Discipline children using positive language and appropriate consequences.
- Be a Christian role model.
- Greet parents as they arrive.
- Ensure parents sign children in when dropping them off, and sign children out when they are picking them up.
- Agree with the Baymonte Christian School’s Statement of Faith and Positional Papers.
- Personal faith in Christ as Lord and Savior and active member of a Christian church.
- Pass State required background check through Live Scan Fingerprinting and Child Abuse Index Check.
- Submit all State required forms including Physician form and T.B. test results.
Preferred Experience, Education, Certifications, Abilities
- Meet the California Licensing requirements educationally for a Fully Qualified Teacher.
- Minimum of 12 core semester units in Early Childhood Education, including units in Child-Family and Community, and Curriculum (with a C or better grade).
The teacher must be able to regularly perform physical activities such as, but not limited to:
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
- Lift and move 20 lbs. from the floor to a waist-high table when necessary.
- Stand and walk short distances frequently on a daily basis.
- Regularly sit, bend, twist, push and pull.
- Crouch to child’s level, maintain eye contact, sit on floor and stand tall enough to reach children on the highest piece of equipment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please contact Preschool Director, Lisa Patterson, for more information.